Many people have asked me why I decided to learn Yoga – considering they know just how much of a “busy beaver” I am. Most of my friends and family will typically tell you that I can’t sit still. My answer is “I didn’t go and find it, it found me!!” … It came to me at a time when I felt like I couldn’t get off the Merry-Go-Round and life was very overwhelming.
When people enquire about taking up Yoga, because they are not sure whether it is for them, I ask them why are you wishing to learn Yoga? Often the answer I get back is because …
- My doctor has recommended it
- It might be good to de stress
- My girlfriend swears by it
Probably means that the person won’t last long practicing it!!
You know it’s time to learn Yoga when it comes from your heart and you own the desire to practice. It is when you can’t wait to come to your next class or that you feel your body craving the need to be stretched & moved and your mind to be settled & relaxed then you know you are “hooked”.
Yoga has taught me a lot about myself and everything else that exists to make this world the place that it is.
What Yoga Has Taught Me
Here are 10 of the main learnings I have found by practicing Yoga …
- Every day is different, so I shouldn’t expect my Yoga practice to be the same every time I step onto the mat
- The poses I find most challenging are the poses I should be doing more often
- Coming to class is a motivating experience and to be around like-minded people helps my yoga
- Yoga is the only practice I can do anywhere, anytime at any age, and costs me nothing but my own time!
- There is nothing wrong with my practice when I need to use props like the blocks. It makes me honest in my poses
- I notice when I haven’t practiced for a while just how stiff and tight I become
- Savasana is my favourite pose, but it did take me a long time to enjoy it
- Yoga slows me down in a nice way, I am more patient, understanding, and relaxed when I practice regularly
- Taking as little as 10 minutes a day to meditate helps me find my way for the day
- Yoga gives me back energy and does not deplete me
There is endless self-learning from Yoga and when we stop and take a moment to reflect on them you can see how they help shape your thinking, behaviours, and actions. Yoga is a practice that once you have experienced it, will stay in your life forever.
How Can I Help You Learn Yoga
Please check out the following resources …
Otherwise, if you would like to explore how I could help you learn Yoga, please feel free to give me a call (0410 472 983) or shoot me an email (email@example.com) … I’d love to be of service to you!!