Since 2001 the “Pure Yoga” studio has looked after the health & wellness needs of people within the St George, Georges River & Canterbury Bankstown communities.
Throughout the 20+ years, we have helped thousands of people improve their life and general wellbeing. And have seen the amazing improvement people can experience when they concentrate & master the “4 PILLARS of LIFE” (Mindfulness, Movement, Nourishment & Environment).
To break it down further, I believe optimal health can be achieved through a consistent practice of:-
- Yoga & Meditation
- Pilates & Core Strength
- Daily Movement
- The Right Nourishment
- Self-care & Retreats
- Essential Oils & other supportive products.
Pure Yoga Moving Forward
In 2021 I decided to no longer operate from a “fixed” studio location and instead concentrate on providing …
- Online Yoga & Meditation classes via our Online Yoga Community
- Online Pilates classes via our Online Pilates Community
- “Pop Up” Yoga & Pilates classes in the St George, Georges River, Canterbury-Bankstown, and Central Coast LGA’s
- Workshops & retreats at various locations throughout NSW
The primary purpose of Pure Yoga is to bring to the local communities of St George, Georges River, Canterbury-Bankstown & Sutherland Shire a variety of classes, workshops, products, and services that improve people’s general wellbeing. We have always had the philosophy that our Pure Yoga is for everyone and pride ourselves on:
- A strong sense of community where our participants have a feeling of belongingness & purpose.
- Classes that allow you to deepen your knowledge and true understanding of what your practice can bring to you both physically and mentally
- Variety of classes, styles & locations that allow participants to experience a holistic approach to their wellbeing and overall health
At Pure Yoga we believe that each and every one of us can make a difference in the world we live in and with that philosophy in mind we regularly support a variety of charities. Some of the causes we have supported over the years include:-
- Collection of women’s personal items for Share The Dignity
- Food collection for Foodbank
- Filled Christmas boxes for Operation Christmas Child
- Feeding the Homeless at the Exodus Foundation Christmas Lunch
- Running donation classes where the proceeds of the class go to a selected charity
We regularly donate to local schools for their annual fundraisers, where we give a gift certificate for a month of yoga classes accompanied by a yoga mat to get them started.
Pure Yoga Business Awards
In 2011 Pure Yoga was awarded Business of the Year by Hurstville Council. This is a local business award that is judged by the council and reviews applicants for best business practices as well as its role and involvement in the community.
In 2011 and 2012 Pure Yoga was also a Finalist in the Leader Awards for Best Business in the Health and Fitness Category.